Saturday 20 April 2013

Stripe It Up

Simple but effective, striping tape!

It's taken me so long for me to actually upload any pictures of my attempts at using striping tape because to be perfectly honest, they've been awful. I know these are extremely flawed but I really do think practice makes perfect because I am getting much better!

I really do think a good top coat makes all the difference for this kind of thing, it makes the design all sort of blend together, especially on my ring and index finger. After using Seche Vite, I really don't think I could use another top coat; it is my savior.



I'm going to keep this post nice and simple like this mani and just explain how I achieved this look.

I basically painted all my fingers with a couple of coats of Sally Hansen - Green Tea
Apart from my ring finger, for that one I used NYC - Lavender Cupcake (Just got that polish and I lurveee it)


I waited for that polish to completely dry before applying lines of striping tape (I get mine off eBay for about a quid each roll although I think you can get it cheaper) in various directions to create these shapes.

I then painted a thick coat (enough so you can't see any of the colour underneath) of the alternate colour on top of the tape. Whilst the polish was still wet I gently pulled the strips away in backwards order (if that makes sense) to how I applied them.

...It's kind of late, I'm using really bad English but I don't care. I'm a drop of Journalism student for goodness sake.

I then left it to dry a little before applying a thick coat of Seche Vite.

DONNNNEEEEEEE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback! Please Comment. :)