Monday 8 April 2013

It Feels So Good, In The Bayyyy.



Considering this weekend it's been lovely and toasty and sunny outside I figured the people of Torquay would appreciate these nails. A little bit of sun goes a long way in The Bay and it inspired me to show a bit of love for the TQ1!




This is the design for the English Riviera and also one of my favourite band's album covers. Take a look at this lovely video by Metronomy about the place I live!



For anyone that lives here I was going to attempt to paint the balloon but I figured it was kind of ugly and everyone seems glad now it's gone so this was more appropriate.



The background for these images is actually a gradient. To achieve this I painted a background with Sally Hansen - Crinoline  and then used a sponge to dab on three blue Barry M colours... Dark blue, blueberry Ice Cream and Blue Moon



I then used acrylic paint for the yellowy beige sandy part of the picture. For the palm tree and seagull details, I used white and black Models Own nail art pens.
 

2 comments:

  1. this is so so so soo amazing! they look like photographs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) These were so fun to do :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your feedback! Please Comment. :)