Thursday 4 April 2013

Animal Print Gradient

Ahhhhhh I'm so excited to show you these!

I won't lie, this is probably my favourite mani to date. I just love love LOVE them. And to be honest I bloody well should do considering how long they took. That's without my usual routine of ruining my nails in the drying process and redoing them ten times, slowly getting worse than the previous in frustration. These however were surprisingly easy, there was just so many steps and a lot of effort and detailing put in.



I got my inspiration for these nails from BOOM NAILS, one of my most adored nail blogs. I like how she's switched up the different animal prints and big respect for it all being freehand.



 Now let me tell you about all my new nail toys I've been waiting to tell you about that I got to use!

Firstly I began by using The Nailasaurus's Gradient Tutorial as a base for all of my nails but the ring finger. This was done with the colours Barry M - Prickly Pear 235
Barry M - Blue Moon 239
and Barry M - Mint Green 250

I kinda switched up the gradient tutorial a bit with an extra colour in between these two which I think has given it a nice effect and it blends brilliantly.

For my right hand I used Barry M - Prickly Pear 235
Barry M - Berry Ice Cream 240
and Topshop - Milkshake 202



For once I've actually taken pictures of my right hand, I hope you know how exciting this is. Sometimes I just give up hope and don't even do my right hand, but this time, I think looks fairly decent. Just shows you how easy it was!

Now the next step of this nail art journey was to make use of my lovely new (drum roll please)... Nail plates!

I've heard a lot about nail stamping over my few months scouring nail blogs and I finally found a set that I thought were worth my money (all be it, the transaction to America sent my Paypal account into a frenzy of thinking my identity had been stolen). A set by Winstonia which just stood out to me more than Konad's designs have in the past. I must say though after trying these I am definitely looking forward to using stamps more often and would love to extend my collection.

Coming from America, I was so shocked at how quickly they arrived, it was like five days! I've had mail take longer to get here from Sheffield.

The plate I used for these nails was following the animal print theme with Winstonia 101.

I then used my new Models Own nail art pen to create the zebra type stripes and then a dotting tool for the leopard spots.



For my ring finger I used another new product, Constellations by MUA. I've only really used nail caviar/beads in stud type manicures however I've seen this look floating about and figured I'd give it a go. It's okay but to be honest I couldn't really get even coverage and the funnel didn't fit many of the beads through in the clean up process. I now feel like I've just left the beach whenever I get out of bed, only to discover it's beautiful sparkly beads.
With that said these colours are just magical and I got several really nice nail and makeup products from MUA, definitely a brand I'll be introducing to my beauty collections.



I'm sorry I know this post is going on a bit but I just wanted to give you my review of the fast drying top coat Seche Vite that I see on everyones' blogs. (As you can see this week I'm being a bit of a sheep and following the trends). Absolutely love it though, straight to the point. Definitely worth it, although I did get mine from Sally's and then realised they were finally selling it in Boots and for cheaper.

What I would suggest is applying this thicker than you would usually with your regular top coat. My first test did drag my nail design however that was soon solved by using a nice thick coat. It dries really quickly and looks so shiny whilst protecting your designs brilliantly.

ANDDDDDD DONNNNNNNEEEEEE

Sort of...

I'm thinking of doing a little giveaway for when I get ten or fifteen followers. (Probably ten considering I only have three followers at the moment, one of which is a boy and another me ha). But yes any ideas as to what you'd like for a giveaway are more than welcome!

RIGHT DONE NOW. BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE












No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback! Please Comment. :)