Wednesday 24 April 2013

Cartoon Nails




Oooohhhh eeeeee, oooo ahhh ahh, ting tang, waller waller bing banggg! ...Get it? ... 'cause they're The Cartoons... Never mind. 
So this wasn't my own idea but I saw a tutorial by cutepolish for these nails and thought they were really original and looked so interesting so had to give them a go. Take a look at her youtube channel, if you're just starting out, or even if not, she's got some great looks and it's always really useful to have a walk through. I live for YouTube tutorials!



Here is the tutorial if you fancy giving it a go yourself!


This look was fairly simple, I started off with a base coat and then applied two coats of Barry M - 279 Bright Pink, any bright colour of your choice would do.
For the outline I used my Models Own black nail art pen, which did take a little while but I got there in the end... Just about. Practice makes perfect and all.
I then used a dotting tool with China Glaze - 023 WHITE ON WHITE for the gleam and my Models Own white nail art pen for the long strips.


 MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE THIS TO DRY FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE!

This was where I messed everything up, usually I wait until my nails are relatively dry before applying a thick top coat of Seche Vite so assumed this would be the same drill. However with a matte top coat, Boujois - So Matt, it dragged everything. It was the worst.

Overall though I think it looks really interesting, I probably won't be leaving it on for that long because for some reason it's coming off already even though I only did it last night. Anyway give it a go yourselves! I'd love to see your pictures.

OKAY BYE BYE NOW. 

2 comments:

  1. Shit.

    Yeah, we don't know each other. But these are cute as hell. I'd rock them and 10% legitimately hate myself but really 90% love the shit out of them the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these nails x ive given it a try a few times after watching cute polishes video and its hard lol x will give it another good go this weekend! X love the pink yoinused! X
    Sophie
    X

    www.sophiejenner.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your feedback! Please Comment. :)