Monday 8 April 2013

Oh A Blog Post! I didn't see you there.


Whenever I walk into Topshop at the moment, I seem to be surrounded by camo jackets. Don't get me wrong I friggin' love them but can't help thinking how unstylish I was when I was 14 and wearing an actual army jacket?! I think everyone just needs to admit I was way ahead of my time. ...Rather than calling me a goffick.
This mani was so unbelievably easy and took no time at all. I still think it's really effective though and in style... Not that I can really comment on fashion considering a good portion of my clothes are from charity shops... Shhhh.

I started off with a couple of coats of China Glaze - 1072 Elephant Walk which I got massively lucky with as it was on sale in Sally's for like a quid. BOOOOOYAAAAA!

I then just grabbed a dotting tool and started making random horizontal patterns with a Ted Baker, brownish type colour I got in a Christmas set.
GOSH - 616 LAZY GREEN
MUA - Stormy Skies
Rimmel - Round and Round the Garden 813
and of course my new favourite Models Own black nail art pen.



A lot of the Topshop jackets I've seen tend to have either fur or leather added onto the collar or sleeves to jazz it up a bit so I thought I'd do the same with my nails. My ring finger was given two coats of SEVENTEEN - ROCK HARD NAILS EFFECT (Which has stained my cuticles brilliantly but is still a personal fave so has been forgiven).

This polish usually comes out with a matte effect but I thought to try and leather it up a bit I'd coat it with Seche Vite to make it a bit glossy like the other nails. A really nice effect in the end because it still kept the gritty texture only with a shiny look to finish. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback! Please Comment. :)