Thursday 11 April 2013

Acid Wash/Tie Dye & 1000 Views Celebration



Helliew my pretties!
Thank you sooooo much, I have now reached 1250 views on my blog thanks to you guys! The support means so much to me. Keep up the good readinnnn'! 
Now you may have noticed I caved and gave myself acrylics again! Damn my impatience to get nice healthy nails! Oh wellllllllll.



Today I was lacking a little inspiration so started going through my wardrobe in search of something to tantalize the nail art side of my mind (the vast majority of it). ...Nope, I didn't find anything. But I did remember something I have but has inevitably been eaten by the man that lives in the washing machine who steals all my clothes. My acid wash/tie dye style dress! Bang on trend, in my opinion anyway. I've seen the kool kids wearing it so...

 
Now these were pretty simple, really the ring finger was the most complicated and actually turned out to be my favourite, disappointingly considering I'd finished a whole set of the others but never mind.

I actually made a video tutorial for this style but it turns out the camera on this laptop I'm borrowing is made out of a potato so it wasn't worth uploading. ONE DAY!
Instead I'll just tell you what I did.

I started off with my usual OPI Strengthener base coat
Followed by two coats of a dark colour of your choice, I chose Barry M - Blackberry 234
(a lot of people like to use a dark blue colour to give it a denim feel which looks great, I was just going with the theme of my dress)
I then used a light layer of Barry M - Berry Ice Cream 240
And then another light layer of Barry M - Blue Moon 239
(Please ensure these coats dry between each application)
And finally a light layer of China Glaze - WHITE ON WHITE 023

 
The two most important polishes in this look are the very dark and the white. In fact you can do the look with only those if you like, I just thought it looked better with a tad more depth.

I then took a Q tip/Cotton bud, whatever you want to call it. Dipped it in acetone and just rubbed it gently across parts of the top layer of my nails, making the polishes melt away.

To complete the look and give it that denim feel, I added a couple of studs from Urban Outfitters to make it feel almost like jean buttons.
I then topped it off with a coat of Seche Vite.

Voila! Acid Wash/Tie Dye nails.   

 If anyone would like to know how the ring finger was done just let me know. :)

Also I have a vote on my home page which it would be lovely for you to fill out. So I know what you would like to see a bit more of!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback! Please Comment. :)