Tuesday 16 April 2013

Matte Maroon Mate.



Oh my, just about everything I'm wearing at the moment seems to be surrounded by maroon. I don't know why I just can't seem to get enough. Everything from my dresses to my shoes, my fur coat to my scarf, it's got to the point where I find it hard to put an outfit together without there being at least three maroon items... Why not have it on my nails too I suppose?
I've got to be honest, lately I've been struggling for a bit of inspiration but knew I just wanted to use my new polishes. I just wanted to do a maroon coloured mani in keeping with my obsession with this colour to be fair. The rest was a bit of a "Ahhhh bugger it, stick anything on" kind of effort. So admittedly these aren't my favourites but at least I can show you the colours (which incidently I left at home, where I am not... I have a rough idea what they are called though.)



 For the lighter shades on my nails I used Barry M - Red Wine (I'm sorry I don't know the number! :()
For my index and ring fingers I used Rimmel - 193 Black Cherries

Like I said the arty bits were just a bit like whack it on anywhere so I used some of my Winstonia stamping plates for the star effects with Topshop - Heart of Gold.

I'm kind of excited too because I have been looking for matte top coat for ages, mainly so I could do a cool glossy/matte dotty type mani (idea for next design?) and finally just gave in to the closest one I could find. This so happened to be Boujois - So Matt Top Coat which I assumed must be good because I am quite the fan of their makeup so assumed nail polish should follow.


Being the first matte top coat I've used, overall I was happy with the outcome however found it gave the nail a cloudy look which kind of distracts from the actual colour of the base coat. I would recommend it though. I'll definitely be trying it out some more in the future.

Anyways guys, I'm coming close to 1500 views now which is incredibly exciting for me, I've set up a poll on my front page which would be great if you could answer for me to get an idea of what you'd like to see some more of!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback! Please Comment. :)