Wednesday 27 March 2013

Goodbye Acrylics! Hello Grunge!

Eek! Just look what I went and did! I removed my acrylics and have opted for incredibly short little stumps of natural nails!
SO this might be a risky move due to the fact that I have terrible eczema and believe it or not kids, after 22 years of creams, pills, diets and all sorts, the only cure I've found is acrylic nails due to the fact they're so blunt you just cannot scratch.
LITTLE TIP FROM YOUR AUNTY JESS THERE.
(Not that I recommend doing this to a child)

Basically though, I've decided to take the risk because I just couldn't cope with the stains my polish left on the acrylic and also thought I'd give myself a rest from the upkeep for a little while (all be it, good practise). I've purchased several Sally Hansen base coats to try and aid my nail growth so fingers crossed you'll see an improvement! I've always had long nails so hopefully it shouldn't be too hard.
                                                                                                      
  
Again, I've got two fairly similar looks, so I've grouped them together as I'm trying to get up to date with this blog so here goes the first mani.

Even though it's insanely simple, these polishes were new when I tried them out and I just LOVE them! Originally I was looking for just a plain matte black but this was the only one I could find on the high street (Boots). I'm glad I did though because it is amazing.

The matte black polish is be Seventeen as you can see, it doesn't have a number on the bottle so I assume it's just "Seventeen, Rock Hard Nail Effects, BLACK".

I also got this polish in a grey, stone type colour but it pretty much just looks black too so not really worth getting in my opinion. In fact I think the pinky nail had the grey one on so you can see the colour difference for yourself. 

 As you can see it creates a really gritty matte nail texture. It dries really quickly too which is great for me because I get rather impatient with polishes. I would definitely, definitely recommend it!

The glitter polish I used on my index finger is Barry M - Amethyst Glitter 305 which again I adore. It went on so well to make this complete glitter look, only took a bit of dabbing to add extra glitter to get that solid appearance.

I also used my standard Barry M - 47 BLACK.



A couple of days later I couldn't get enough of the Rock Hard polish, so much so I didn't even want to take the previous mani off, which never happens.

I used the polish for a classic black and gold look with Topshop's - Heart of Gold 201



The studs are all off eBay however can be bought from Urban Outfitters if you can't be bothered to wait for post to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback! Please Comment. :)