Monday 11 March 2013

3D/Kawaii Nails

Drum roll please; it's time for my second post!

Looking back at this picture, it seems like ages ago and a real learning curve since I tested out this look but I thought I'd share it because it's a little out of the ordinary. I believe this sort of look is known as Kawaii Nails (don't ask me how to pronounce it), a style of  Japanese 3D acrylic nail art.


Now don't get me wrong I know this isn't the best mani but it was my first go and I think the jagged edges and lack of real design is quite endearing, (I was also lacking anything to treat cuticles at this point, my apologies).

I was looking at many different types of nail art around the net late one night and stumbled across this video which inspired me. Also being the "vuluptous" girl I am, these delicious treats were too apt to have on my nails. How can I not have a thing for eating these when they look so cute?!

I achieved this look with the same tools I got from eBay which I linked to in my previous post. I wasn't confident enough to apply the acrylic straight onto the nail so I made the designs with a small acrylic nail art brush on a piece of plastic. I then waited for the acrylic to set and it peeled right off leaving me able to glue the charms on with nail glue.
Surprisingly I managed to keep this mani on for a few days before they either fell off with my clumsiness or drove me far too insane and got picked off.

I don't know how the Japanese do it! Hats off to you Japanese, hats off.


                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback! Please Comment. :)