Monday 11 March 2013

Girly Pearly (All credit to The Nailasaurus!)


First of all I must say this is pretty much a carbon copy of The Nailasaurus's Girly Pearly mani but obviously mine is nowhere near as good! I'm not trying to steal anyones' ideas I just loved this mani so much, Sami has been my ultimate inspiration and what has got me obsessed with nail art so when first starting out I tried out some of her designs. I would give her a mention if I could work out how to do it but alas, after a good three minutes of trying, I have given up. None the less, Sami if you ever see this, THANK YOU!

                  
  
       
To achieve this look I used Sally Hansen, Crinoline
                                         Barry M, 279 Bright Pink
                                  and Barry M, 337 Pink Silver Glitter 

                   

For the jewels on my index finger I used Pink Rhinestones which came in a nail wheel I got with my acrylic nail kit. For my ring finger I used Gold Nail Caviar.

I used a couple of coats of each of these polishes, letting them dry thoroughly in between each coat (well I say I did but I'm incredibly inpatient when it comes to nails so really I just messed them up several times which ultimately took longer than waiting for them to dry would have). I then added a nail art top coat and for the jewels, dipped a toothpick in the same top coat to make them stick. I then attached them gently to the nail and let them settle before applying another generous top coat (very carefully) to set the design.

             

I genuinely could have cried doing this with the nail caviar; it took so long to get it right and for me I just could not get them to stay for more than half an hour, a trick I'm still yet to get the hang of. If anyone has any tips for this please help me! I have tried nail glue instead of a top coat which just ended badly.

Over and out brosephines!

               



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback! Please Comment. :)