Thursday 30 May 2013

You Didn't Make The Cut... I'm Sorry. NAIL FAILS.



Why I'm doing this is beyond me. I'm pretty much showing you all the nails I thought were either imperfect, didn't have a good photo/enough photos of or were just too plain crappy to blog. I have however seemed to come to a bit of a mental block with manis, I think some of which may be due to the new purchase of my nail trolley which is bloomin' impossible to lug about. If I wanna do my nails in the living room, it's alllllllll the way upstairs... And I simply cannot be bothered to make the trips up and down BECAUSE I'M LAZY. 
Now I know probably not many nail bloggers would show their mistakes, in fact it's probably blog suicide? But I think once I am past making these silly errors, I can learn from my mistakes and seeing them will hopefully prevent this from happening too often. Also you guys can give me tips!

Anyway I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing all my imperfect nails, where they've gone wrong and my terrible photography skills. This page will also show just how far I have to go! Now you can judge me and laugh at me forever!
 Tips and tricks are more than welcome! Here goes...

Actually thinking about it I will start with the photo above ^. This design was inspired by BOOM NAILS although she clearly has much more talent than me... Damn it Emma! I joke...

It just went terribly wrong when using my new nail art pens, they were just gushing out the paint and it was uncontrollable. Then the matte top coat smudged everything. Then I managed to get black paint on one of the nails. It was impossible to take any good photos... It was just a mess.



Moving on with the above nails, these were basically just two new colours that I wanted to use but really had no idea where to go with them. Striping tape was a bit of a disaster and in reality I don't think the colour choice was as good as I'd anticipated. FAIL.



These flags were intended for my first day at my new job at a language school (which I'm not at anymore because I got homesick... I am rubbish. Moving on). Sure they're okay...ish. But the Union Jack is very poor and they look rushed, severe lack of photography skills and I just wasn't very happy with them. 



These were pretty simple, in fact I really liked these nails but I just didn't think they were worth blogging about because it's all the work of the polish. It's that Barry M - Croc Effects polish so I didn't think it would be fair for me to act like I'd created it with skill... Plus I'm probably not at the review stage yet... Or am I? Also the clean up on these and pictures weren't really up to scratch. 



 Now... I like the idea of these. But you know when you have an image in your head and it's incredibly frustrating when it doesn't translate properly to what you're trying to do. HAND, WILL NOT, FOLLOW BRAIN. That sort of thing. This is what happened here. And the flag is upside down... School boy error.


I do not even know what these were meant to be. Just, no. 


Now these ones shouldn't really be on this page, I do really like these and they turned out well but I only have the one photo and they're copied from something I've already done so it would be pointless to give them their own post unfortunately :(. These are actually the first nails I've done on anyone else! These are my friend Tina's 21st birthday nails! They did take me bloody ages (probably the wine drinking in between didn't help) but I wanted to get them right.



Last but not least... Or maybe least. Ombre rainbows. Honestly very disappointed with these, the only reason they don't get their own post is because I couldn't get a decent true to life picture. The light just made it impossible to see the gradients in their true form and really just made it look a bit tacky and rubbish. I was probably feeling a bit particular considering I am back to natural nails and they weren't playing ball as well.

So there you have it, don't think I haven't been doing nails because I have! They've just been a bit... Pants. Well like I said any tips and tricks are more than welcome. Please comment and follow.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR NAIL FAILS TOO SO LINK ME. MMMMMKKKKKAYYYYYY BYE THEN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback! Please Comment. :)