Monday 6 May 2013

I Like To Go To The Discotec


Hi interweb friends. How are you all on this fabulous bank holiday? I am unfortunately in bed poorly and not through alcohol abuse! Who would have thunk it? Anyway over the weekend it was a friend's birthday and my last weekend in Devon before I move to Oxford tomorrow! So rave themed nails seemed only appropriate... (Aside from the fact I only managed to stay in the pub until 11.30pm before having to be taken home. Fail.).
These nails were inspired by The Nailasaurus's disco tutorial with a bit of a twist of my own. 

I began by painting my nails with yellow, green and pink from the Models Own - Ice Neon Collection 
For my ring finger I used Models Own - Hed Kandi, Ibiza Mix

I waited for these to dry thoroughly and then applied striping tape on all of my nails in various directions to get the laser beam effect. 

Over the top of the striping tape I applied a thick coat of Barry M - 47 BLACK and carefully peeled off the tape while it was still wet. 

When this dried I added a light coat of Topshop - RISING STAR 201 to add a disco ball-esque effect, followed by a coat of Seche Vite to finish. 



I also, excitingly, bought a new set of drawers for my nail collection which I'm sure I will show you soon. I later realised this thing is far too large to take with me on my move though which is a bit of a problem AND all my taller polishes like OPI and Sally Hansen won't stand up in the drawers which sent me into a small frenzy. Ha. At least I can actually fit my ever growing collection in there though! 

Speak to you on the flip side... Whatever that means. 

5 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! Devon is such a beautiful place :D I hope your move goes well. These nails are so beautiful, I love the glitter contrast with the stripes and the Models Own neon's are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my Love! Sorry for the delayed reply! Thank you ever so much! :)

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog, now following :)

    Love this look & feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! Appreciate it and love the feedback! :)

      Delete
  3. Love your nails, especially the Models Own neon pink colour! I'd love it if you'd check out my blog? :)

    spotthebeauty.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your feedback! Please Comment. :)