Tuesday 9 July 2013

A Little Bit Of Glitz.


Hello guyssss. Sorry I haven't been about for a little while, I haven't had any wifi... But now, £150 phone bill worth of mobile internet later, I have wifi again, YAY!


Recently I haven't really been planning out what I've actually been doing with my nails, I've just kind of gone with the flow and seeing what my hands pick up along the way. This has however left my manis taking hours before actually turning into anything decent. 


This does remind me of something I would have done when I started out though... I've strayed away from nail accessories lately but this mani made me realise how I much I miss sparkles, jewels and studs.


I used an array of different colours for this mani. For the pink hand I sponged on a mixture of

Models Own - Bubblegum (Neon Ice Collection)
Rimmel - 300 Pop Your Pink
Barry M - Bright Pink 279
Sally Hansen - Crinoline
Topshop - Milkshake 202Topshop - Winterfrost
China Glaze - 023 White On White
NYC - 257 Lavender Cupcake
*TAKES HUGE BREATH*


And for the index nail Topshop - Adrenalin

And for the turquoise-y hand I used... (Brace yourselves)
Rimmel - 500 Peppermint
Topshop - Jewel In The Crown
Topshop - Valley 201
Topshop - Winterfrost
Sally Hansen - Green Tea
Sally Hansen - Crinoline
Barry M - Mint Green 304
Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream 306
China White - White On White 023

And for the index finger Barry M - Amethyst Glitter 354

So as you can see A LOT of polishes were used for this mani, not to mention a topcoat of Seche Vite.

The technique I used was to dab a couple of scattered colours onto the edge of a sponge and sponge my nail in various areas. I waited for these thin layers to dry and kept adding different sponged colours until I had covered the nail and was happy with the result.

I then attached striping tape to both of my ring fingers and painted over with a thick coat of Sally Hansen - Crinoline. I carefully removed the tape whilst the polish was still wet.

I then added a topcoat to the areas of the nails I wanted to attach stars. I attached the jewels using a toothpick dipped in the topcoat to make them stick and when they had set nicely I topped them off with a topcoat on top of the jewels and used a topcoat on the rest of my nails too.

Sorry for such A LONNNNNNGGGGGGGGG explanation, it was a lot more simple than I made out.

Speak to you soon! JT




1 comment:

I'd love to hear your feedback! Please Comment. :)